Friday, November 30, 2007

Gus kicks the habit

Thanks to "Hoof! stop the bite" Gus has stopped sucking his thumb. For anyone who didn't know, Gus would suck his thumb almost constantly . . .he would remove it to eat & bite & that is pretty much it.

I painted it on his thumb & he only slipped up twice. . .crazy thing is that the stuff is so potent I only had to apply it once. It is nasty & SO bitter.

Good job Gus!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Gus! I always thought his thumb sucking was cute!

Anonymous said...

i always thought expensive orthodontic work was fun, too. Not.

Anonymous said...

Man that stuff is a miracle worker cause we used something like that on my neighbor when we were growing up, and I don't think it ever worked. I do hope Gus is feeling all better before you took his thumb away.

Anonymous said...

"Way to go Gus!" Ross went cold turkey too. Once I took his blankie away (it was a tattered piece of cloth) and I put that stuff on his thumb, he kicked the habit too! He was much older though, so you are really a BIG boy!