Charlie is learning his colors---so I made color flash cards. 4 of each color--totalling about 30 or so cards. Index cards were my best bet---so I used what I found first. . .which later turned out to be a problem.
Randy was going to do flash cards with Charlie today & noticed what was on the backs of the flash cards. . .
Turns out, the index cards that I cut in half and colored contained his organic chemistry compound nomenclature information. He says this info is priceless & invaluable. . .the SUM of his college organic chemistry experience. Woops. He was totally BUMMED. . .so much so that he was still dwelling on it 10 minutes later. . .(even though he hasn't looked at the cards in 3 years)
I felt terrible & agreed to reconstruct the cards for him. . .afterall---they are PRICELESS. We need a mastercard commercial about organic chemistry compound nomenclature. What's more important anyway, Charlie learning his colors or Randy remembering that he once knew organic chemistry?
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is such a good idea making color flash cards.....great thinking Tanya. Bummer that the other side has organic chemistry on it. All I can say is I'm glad I never took a chemistry class in my life, it sounds too hard for my little math ability. I think that, and all that complex math stuff, can be chocked up the the stuff you don't need to know to live life, but that's just me. Unless you do it for your job. I am pretty sure I haven't thought about Algebra since the year I was sick with Mono in college......whenever that was. It's very nice of you to redo Randys' cards. Good luck!!!
Tanya,
If you could delete one of my comments I'd appreciate it please. I'm still not sure how that always happens. THANKS!!!
Personally I can see how Randy would be sad...but oh well. He's probably NEVER going to want or need those cards again. You, however, could get at least 2 more kids use out of the flash card. Hmm...that's a tough one.
haha ill problly be taking organic chemistry one of these years, maybe you could make a copy of those cards for me! haha im just kidding..
No kidding Ellen.
What's your price? Don't think I am going to give them to you for free after I spent all the time putting them back together. . .
haha.
Robert taped over Ross second birthday party with oil rig stuff!!!! I remember I was soooo mad at the time. "Time will heal all wounds!" I love Flashcards by the way.
Time will heal all wounds---I like that.
Flashcards are great, aren't they?
Randy's too old for flashcards anyways.
Post a Comment