I've been reading a book lately about parenting and marriage. This was in a chapter I read yesterday & it pertains to marriage. It's funny & definately has a great point.
""Perhaps one valuable lesson we can learn is to keep our comments to ourselves if they are not uplifting. I have always enjoyed a lesson taught by the young couple who moved into a little home after their honeymoon. The wife took a little box, put it under their bed, and told her husband he must promise her to never look into it. The husband agreed to her request. He was, however, dying to know what the box contained. The first year, he kept his promise even though he was tempted to look several times. Twenty years later, he had stil not looked at the contents of the box. One night, after twenty-two years of marriage, his wife went to Relief Society, and he just couldn't stand it any more. He pulled out the box, looked in, and found three potholders and $21,000 in cash. That night he felt so guilty, he confessed to his wife what he had done. She, of course, was shocked and exclaimed, "You didn't!" He said, "Yes, I'm very sorry. but now that I have looked, can I ask where you got the $21,000 and why three potholders?" She replied, "I made a vow when I disagreed with you, I would not say anything but would just go in and make a pot holder." He said, "Wow, you only disagreed with me three times in twenty-two years?" She said, "No, that was the number of times I thought you were right." He then asked, "Where did the $21,000 come from?" She answered, "That's the profits I made from selling the potholders I made!""
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's funny! I shared it with Bobby, and he thinks we would have to keep all of them since he's 'always right'. HAHA! Just shows what he knows!
Post a Comment