Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Attack of the cats: Part 1 (hopefully part 2 never comes)


A tornado warning was issued for Bella Vista & the surrounding area shortly after 4 pm. At 4:30, the wind started to pick up & just as it did, 4 cats came to our house & didn't leave for 1 hour. The final thing that drove the cats away was my neighbor's dog, Duke. I did call the animal shelter. . .I figured it was worth a try. . .they do not pick up cats. That explains our cat problem. The first two weeks that we lived in Bella Vista, Randy trapped (with a small animal trap) 6 cats. This was only the beginning of our stray cat epidemic. . .the problem with them is that they climb underneath our deck & pee. . .and it stinks (that is why I found these 4 cats so disgusting). We've been pretty much cat free for a couple of weeks, until today. Randy was rather neutral about cats before we moved to Bella Vista. . .& now he hates cats. If he would have been home. . .well, I will leave that up to the imagination. If you know Randy---you can guess what would have surpassed. Usually that cats that frequent our house are homeless. . .what are called ferrell cats---the ones that chase squirrels & actually catch them & then eat them---WILD. Today the 4 cats that visited my house were sweet & tame. . .it was hard not to befriend them because they were so sweet. . .but I knew if I did, they would have never left. I hope you enjoy the video. I only wish I would have captured a picture of them following me down the road. . .one right after the other. As I was walking (with the cats in tow) a neighbor asked me if I was the new cat lady. . .haha. Not.




No comments: