A tornado warning was issued for Bella Vista & the surrounding area shortly after 4 pm. At 4:30, the wind started to pick up & just as it did, 4 cats came to our house & didn't leave for 1 hour. The final thing that drove the cats away was my neighbor's dog, Duke. I did call the animal shelter. . .I figured it was worth a try. . .they do not pick up cats. That explains our cat problem. The first two weeks that we lived in Bella Vista, Randy trapped (with a small animal trap) 6 cats. This was only the beginning of our stray cat epidemic. . .the problem with them is that they climb underneath our deck & pee. . .and it stinks (that is why I found these 4 cats so disgusting). We've been pretty much cat free for a couple of weeks, until today. Randy was rather neutral about cats before we moved to Bella Vista. . .& now he hates cats. If he would have been home. . .well, I will leave that up to the imagination. If you know Randy---you can guess what would have surpassed. Usually that cats that frequent our house are homeless. . .what are called ferrell cats---the ones that chase squirrels & actually catch them & then eat them---WILD. Today the 4 cats that visited my house were sweet & tame. . .it was hard not to befriend them because they were so sweet. . .but I knew if I did, they would have never left. I hope you enjoy the video. I only wish I would have captured a picture of them following me down the road. . .one right after the other. As I was walking (with the cats in tow) a neighbor asked me if I was the new cat lady. . .haha. Not.
PS: The guy that charlie said that he called. . .well after I came inside, I realized he had answered the phone while I was out. I'm still not sure who called. It was probably a telemarketer & it serves them right calling me when I'm on the do not call list. . .so they get a 3 year old answering.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your cat collection is gross. I know what they make the outside of your house smell like. Hope they take a hike.
wow thats crazy, ive never seen that happen before. One of them looks just like our cat!
randy was so disgusted that he didn't even want to watch the movie when he got home from the young men's hayride activity. . .he said it would just make him mad.
Are the cats still hanging around your house at all, or did they move on to another house? Or did they meet a sad fate............
No comment.
It's too bad the city of Bella Vista doesn't help w/ the cat problem. I love cats, but would not like that!
Post a Comment