Thursday, September 27, 2007

No Hunters Allowed

Randy caught wind that Bella Vista was going to outlaw bow hunting in the city. . .so he and some neighbors went to the city council meeting on Monday night. It was said that it was the biggest turnout they've had for a city council meeting ever---standing room only. Randy said what was on his mind about the deer population & that the crowd applauded (go Randy!) He felt good. Anyways--it was a close call, but I know that you will all be pleased to know that the people won & Randy can still bow hunt in Bella Vista. It's a good thing that it was majority rules because there was one old bitty on the council that was anti bows until the end---any other way & I'm pretty sure Randy would have killed her.

So. . .since bow hunting in Bella Vista is on, Randy was off last night to distribute some corn for the deer to eat & then wait for him to come & spear them. He took Gus & Charlie & they had a great time. Randy asked Charlie: "Are you having fun throwing corn?" Charlie said: "Yeah, dad, that's how I roll." Then he adds: "I roll just like you, dad." Children are so sweet. . .

Which reminds me. We really should be more like little children. Last week, one of Charlie's close friends threw a fork at his face, barely missing his eyes & piercing his left ear. Interestingly, Charlie cried because of the pain inflicted upon his ear, but quickly got over the disappointment of his friend's decision. They were playing together only minutes later. . .and by morning, Charlie had forgotten what had happened to his ear (although his ear was still hurting). If we could all forgive & forget like little children.

(PS: Bobby, I saw a truck with the words: Ridin' Dirty on the back windshield & thought of you--good times)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys probably would have had to move if they outlawed bow hunting!! haha!

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad they can still bowhunt. I would think that if they couldn't, that deer populations would grow even more. I would think that wouldn't be a good thing with all of your windy roads and nice peoples back yards that are expensive and don't need to be eaten (ha ha)