Sunday, September 16, 2007

Good to laugh at yourself

We went to the Benton County Fair Yesterday. We pay for our tickets & then enter in through the gate. Instantly I smell something yummy, so I say to Randy, "ymmm. . .that smells good" Just then, Randy realizes what I was smelling & decides to entertain it for a minute. He asks: "What does it smell like?" I reply: "It smells like fruit juice---do you smell it, too?" "Yes. . .I smell it, he says. . .but what you are smelling are the porta potties!!!!" In all fairness, those were the best-smelling porta pots I've ever encountered.

P.S. Randy said it was the blue stuff they use to keep the pots clean that I was smelling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One time GI was at our house in Richards. We had to burn our trash out there b/c there was no trash pickup. Anyway, we went outside w/l the kids and Mom said, ummmm what smells so good, BBQ? No, trash. She was so embarrassed.

Anonymous said...

Wow Tanya! I'm not sure I would be willing to admit that. But in all fairness, some cleaners do smell good.