Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gotta love him.

Randy was getting ready to go out for a run last night. . .just as he was heading down the driveway, Charlie runs after him, cowboy boots & all & yells "I wanna go with you." Randy tries to convince him that he doesn't want to go with him. He tells him "I'm gonna go fast---too fast for you, Charlie." Charlie replies "I wanna run fast, too, dad." Randy tells him, "you won't be able to keep up & I need to go running because I have a big belly." Then, Charlie lifts up his own shirt & says "I have a big belly, too. I need to go, too." After all this humor, Randy just gave in & let Charlie try to keep up. Charlie ran as fast as he could for about 6 houses down & then told Randy he wanted to come home. . .so he ran home. Hilarious. The funniest part was how fast his little legs went with those cowboy boots.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the cutest story ever. Too bad Charlie didn't have tennis shoes on...I bet he could have given Randy a pretty decent workout.

Anonymous said...

true that.

did I tell you about the time that charlie ran all the way around the Bella Vista Lake trail & wanted to go more? It's 2.2 miles around---& he was 2 1/2!! In flip flops, too.

randy was SO proud.

Anonymous said...

I love the I have a big belly too part. Such cuties!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, Mom. I told Bobby this story last night. We were picturing Charlie lifting up his shirt and saying he has a big belly. What a riot! He cracked up!

Anonymous said...

Shannon and I really enjoyed this story. We both got a laugh out of it. That's pretty impressive ... Charlie running over 2 miles in flip flops when he was 2 and a half. I gotta go cause Shannon and I have to run some errands. Later everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great story! I think Charlie should come down here and train w/ Maggie! The only requirement that she would probably have is to ditch the cowboy boots.

Anonymous said...

"Cowboys have to stay in shape too!"