I can count on 1 finger the number of times all of my kids have been sick all at the same time. . .
and it happened this past week. It first began with some colds. . .running noses, stuffy noses, no coughs & hacky coughs. . .a little bit of chest congestion---no fever, thankfully. . but a little pink eye, first with Charlie, then onto Gus. . .and some croupy cough with Ila. . .and say a prayer. . .but the pink eye hasn't reached Ila. . .or me or Randy for that matter----but then again, Randy has been putting anti-bacterial (you know, germ-x) on his eyes. No symptoms of pinkeye today in anybody---the medicine works! It's been a busy couple of days. My house is a mess. Did I mention I've been sick the whole time, too?
Randy did get another pool. YEAH!!!! We are so grateful & very relieved for at least a couple of months. He is so happy & has been going to Ft. Smith to continue to shoot concrete there---he averages about 3 times a week down there. . .and also has a hot tub & some patio to do for someone here in Bella Vista. The pool is located in a subdivision called StoneHenge in Bentonville.
I've been bowling on Wednesday evening's with a couple of friends for the past month. We have so much fun & sometimes laugh to hard to bowl correctly. I found a perfect ball for me @ the alley & purchased it. . .much cheaper than buying new. It's difficult to find an alley ball where the fingers aren't too big---unless I use an 8 pounder. . .and I need all the power I can get. I also bought a used bag on ebay in which to carry my ball----which interestingly sports the name "brett" right above the finger holes. It has character.
During the snowy weather, Randy went four-wheeling & also shot his pistol with his friend Brad---they had a good time & Randy enjoyed getting out. He is doing really well with "biggest loser" & was able to put his wedding ring back on yesterday. . .it's been a little small for about 6 months. I was thrilled.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
aww its no fun being sick. The flu is going around here like crazy. Its cool that you go out bowling with your friends! sounds like fun, im horrible at bowling, the last time i tried i got a 25..not kidding. I wish i was.
"You are welcome for the card!" Yesterday we went to College Station to go to church with Roxanne and have lunch. It was fun! We watched the Superbowl! What a great game! Next weekend we are having Robert's birthday party and a recruiting party for OSU engineering. The kids will be coming home so I am excited for that. So this week, I will be cleaning etc. getting ready for the party. So excited Randy has some jobs lined up. Hope you all are feeling better. Roxanne is under the weather now...
The flu has been going around here like crazy too. It's pretty sad. They even asked that teachers who take attendance relax for awhile until people start getting better. (Which is saying a LOT for Truman.) Hope everyone is feeling better!!
There is nasty junk going around my work too, and I sure hope I don't get it. Talk about frustrating when the most sick person is going around hacking and stuff, and then her sons' school calls saying he is sick. So instead of her husband taking him home, he comes to our work, and sits in our break room, being all sick. Definately not a pleasant place to be with sick people in there.
Post a Comment