Friday, February 29, 2008

Cinder blocks vs. Aquacrete




This happened yesterday to Randy. He's alright---although the accident startled him & he is feeling a little sore today---but did visit the hospital to make sure he was okay & everything checked out. He has been working at this house in Bella Vista. The above pictured retaining wall is NOT one that Randy built & rather was built by a man named Jose & is (was) built out of cinder blocks & it's (or should I say was) a BIG'OLE wall! Randy was spreading rock on top on this retaining wall & was approx. 5 feet from the edge when the wall fell apart & sent Randy inside the skidsteer tumbling down hill. He said it was REALLY scary. He was able to get his skidsteer started but of course it has damage to the exterior. We have insurance. . but Jose doesn't & we're also pretty sure he doesn't have a driver's license, either. . .you know what that means. Either way, our insurance company is trying to work out the situation. So thankful that Randy wasn't injured!
PS: A couple of storms ago, a HUGE tree fell on a retaining wall that Randy built in Bentonville. We have a picture somewhere---but couldn't find it. The tree didn't even phase the Aquacrete wall. . .go Randy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!!!! "I pick Aquacrete!" So glad that Randy is ok... I pray everyday to keep everyone safe! God answers our prayers! Take it easy Randy... Love to all

Anonymous said...

Good Grief! We are so glad Randy survived in one piece - looks like he was very lucky. I think it's amazing that the machine thing is still running (and Randy is still running)!

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like quite the fall!! Glad to hear that Randy is alright (and the skidsteer of course)! That had to have been really scary though.

Anonymous said...

I heard about Randys' accident on Thursday at the boy scout blue and gold banquet, and I was rather worried, as I heard it from his old boss who lives in Joplin. I'm so glad that Randy is Randy, and that he has always had a quick mind, and has always had a good ability to take care of himself. If it was anyone else in that accident, they might not have faired as well, if they didn't have Randys' ability to adjust to the situation.

Anonymous said...

wow thats scary! im glad he is alright, that was quite the fall it looks like!