When Randy & I were first married, I made potato soup in the crock pot. . .and since I was new at this cooking thing. . .
Instead of using evaporated milk, I used sweetened condensed milk. . . So nasty!
Just the thought of that soup from that day makes me wanna puke.
It was quite the candied potato soup, let me tell ya. . .it was terrible, too, because we had NO money & so we tried to salvage the vegetables, potatoes & chicken from the soup so we drained them & washed them over & over again. . .but nothing helped. I think Randy did end up eating much of the remains only because he felt awful wasting it.
What is the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I have eaten many disgusting things, but my favorite learning to cook story is about fried chicken. While we were dating, Ed wanted me to fry chicken. I had done it several times, learned from GI, but I hated getting my fingers all coated w/ flour, especially, since Ed wanted to watch me cook. I had seen somewhere that you could put all your flour and seasoning in a paper bag, shake, and add chicken a piece or 2 @ a time, and shake to coat. I thought that was a great idea, actually, I still think it is a good idea. So, I got a bag, coated the chicken, and started frying. Somewhere in the process, Ed said, That's not the way my mom does it. I said, I am not your mom. He was offended, and so was I. The best part of the story is that I didn't ever have to fry another chicken. He never said that again either. Also, he doesn't know that was the first time I used a bag to coat the chicken, so let's just leave it that way. He loves to tell his version of that story.
BTW, I was lucky enough to get to spend the day w/ Tanya, Gus, Ila and Bub yesterday. The kids were soooooooo good. We spent the day at the mall in Joplin. Any place is fun w/ the grandest kids!!!
ive problly eaten many gross things but the one that comes to mind is one time my dad was making dinner by himself (never a good idea) and he was making garlic bread in the oven...lets just say the bread ...no the whole pan, caught on fire and he still made us eat it...Rock hard black bread..or more like ashes
Robert and I went to China town in San Fransico and we ordered duck. We think we had everything from the beak to the feet...Yuck! Everytime I think about it, I get nauseous! I also tried calamari and I felt as if I was eating a fried rubberband!
The worst food I've ever had came from some Russian restaurant in Chicago. I was there with our choir in high school, and each table basically got a huge plate with samples of a bunch of different kinds of food. The only table that ate very much was the one where the kids were daring eachother to try the food. It was awful. Even our salads had anchovies on them. Unfortunately there was a ton of food leftover and so we took it with us for some reason. As we were walking back to our hotel afterward we passed some homeless people and were about to give them the food but decided it was too bad to even give to them. Anyway, we went back to the hotel and I think that nearly everyone ordered room service.
That reminds me of when we went to New York with my choir and went to this chinese restaurant and all the food was HORRIBLE! all the plates were untouched when we left, i actually took a picture of it as a reminder of the grossest food in New York City.
All I know is that I'm glad Ellen's story was about Chris' cooking and not mine!!!!!! (although I'm sure if she thought hard enough, she could think of one). Way to go Ellen!!
Only 1, bet my kids could go on forever about my fabulous, opps, sad cooking.
Do you remember "Chung King" chinese food in a can. I remember making that when Robert and I were first married. I am pretty sure he felt like puking then!
Post a Comment