A shout out to the birthday boy---
As many of you know, Gus lives, eats, and breathes Ila. At times, this can be frustrating (emphasis excluded), but then there are moments when I feel joy about the love that he has for his sister.
He loves her & constantly wants to be with her, whether it is on top of her, in her mouth, next to her, dragging her, or feeding her the inedibles. . .he loves it all.
On that note, the kids all went down for nap this afternoon. Gus was the first to wake up. . .and I could tell he was still sleepy, so I snuggled up on the couch with him. . .and he quickly fell back to sleep.
After about 15 minutes of snuggling, I could hear Ila starting to fuss & I began to think about how I was going to seperate from Gus without him awaking. All of a sudden, Gus woke up & said, "My Ila". . .his voice sounding concerned. I responded, "I'm going to get her right now." Almost in relief, he replied "Oh" & then fell right back to sleep. I got Ila & he slept for another hour on the couch.
This made me laugh. His concern for his little sister. . .even when he is sleeping!
I have to tell ya, though. . .this explains the couple of times that Gus has come into the living room @ 3:00 a.m. when I am nursing Ila. . .He'll come in there---all sleepy-like & greet his little sister with a kiss & a "hi Ila."
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is such a sweet story, Tanya! Sure miss you all and Happy "belated" birthday to Gusie.
Just wait till they are in high school. He's not gonna let another guy get within 10 feet of her haha
Let's hope he is that way!
"Ross was always protective of Roxanne" even to this day. He may not admit it though...
Gus is a sweetie!
Aww....Gus is such a good brother! That is the cutest story! I wish I could have been there for his birthday!
Sarah, Ila was wearing the t-shirt you painted at her baby shower. It looked pretty cute.
Post a Comment