Charlie told me today that he couldn't wear his cowboy boots to preschool because he couldn't sit criss-cross-applesauce when he had them on, so he wore tennis shoes instead.
What do you/did you say? When I was a kid, we called it sitting "Indian style."
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
we said criss-cross-applesauce haha
According to Roxanne in her education classes it is not politically correct to say"indian style" anymore so criss-cross applesauce it is... She did a big presentation on all of that you will have to ask her about it at Christmas.
According to Roxanne in her education classes it is not politically correct to say"indian style" anymore so criss-cross applesauce it is... She did a big presentation on all of that you will have to ask her about it at Christmas.
Sorry look I am starting to repeat myself another sign of aging! HaHa
When I was little... a million years ago probably before the Indians even existed..... we called it "indian style". But when I was an EA in the kindergarten classes in Albuquerque, we always called it criss-cross-applesauce. I bet Roxanne was right about why it changed.
P.S. I can't wait to hear Roxanne's presentation at Christmas!
Post a Comment