Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wowzers.

Fussy, anyone?

Ila was the first to get sick (enlarge picture to see what I'm talking about). . .at one point I thought she might have chicken pox----and then her rash started to improve & I was happy. . .and then, since Gus is constantly in this girl's face, he also got sick. He said his throat hurt & his head. . .just to be safe, I took him to the doctor. What I am about to tell you almost ALWAYS happens to me when I take the kids to the doctor----it WAS a virus. Nothing they can give Gus to help him (OR ME for that matter!) Ila's rash was also a virus--not chicken pox or scarlet fever or german measles. . .I need to stop diagnosing.


Remember Gus' face when he was given the Woody & Jessie doll from Toy story? If not, click here:

http://rtmurray.blogspot.com/2008/08/shout-hooray.html

Now imagine his face when he gets THIS for Halloween!



I found it on ebay last week. The auction was to end at 1:00 a.m.---so the true, ebay sniper that I am, I set my alarm for 12:55 a.m. & went to work. $7.77 plus shipping! Go BUZZ! The great thing? It's all ONE-PIECE!




I got this picture just by typing in scary dog in google. CREEPY!

Gus had a rough night last week & woke up 5 times in the middle of the night coming into my room saying a dog was biting his shirt. He was REALLY AFRAID & VERY reluctant to return to his bed. . .so reluctant that he continued to have the SAME nightmare.
Unfortunately, 2 1/2 year olds do not understand what a nightmare is----SOOOOO...

In the morning, I tried showing him there was NO dog in his bedroom (he was STILL talking about the dog biting him when he awoke)---to no avail, Randy said, "I have an idea."
He got his paintball gun (no paintballs) and told the boys, "I'm gonna take care of that dog" and then he went in their room & shut the door.
With just the CO2 tank on the gun, it really sounds like it's shooting----so he shot about 20 times in their room---it sounded like it WAS REALLY destroying something----
Gus' face was PRICELESS. He was waiting in SUSPENSE, for sure----and I could tell he knew that dog was getting it's TRASH kicked.
Randy came out and said, "the dog is gone, Gus."

GENIUS thinking, Randy!

Disclamer: Do not attempt.

5 comments:

banananutmeg said...

THAT IS AWESOME. If reese weren't as afraid of loud noises as she is of the "scary-bad-guy-monster" that frequently visits her nightmare and "eats her dinner" I would bust out a paint gun on my own. Unfortunately, I think the gun would send her into hysterics. I'm glad Gus went back to bed finally. Smart move on Randy's part, for sure!

Crystal said...

That's a scary looking dog. Just don't show it to Gus then that dog might be back in his room. I hope the kids get better soon.

Sarah said...

Only Ila could still manage to look cute even with a crazy rash. I sure hope the kids are better soon!

Nice find with the costume! Gus is going to LOVE it!! Oh, and I'm glad Randy was able to be there to take care of the scary dog. Great idea!

CJDRISH said...

Dads have such a great way to fix things!!

Undeserving Grace said...

I agree. I was banned from the last doctor we saw in Urgent Care from using Google to diagnose Abby's health problems.