Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One Pin Wonders.

I've been bowling every week since January with my friend Amanda & this month we joined a league. Surpisingly, we were able to sucker two other women into bowling with us (thank you rachael & tori) ---

Unfortunately, the only night we were all able to bowl was Tuesday night & we needed a guy----because it was a "mixed league" night. For all of you non-bowlers, that means you have to at least one team member of the other gender there EVERY week.
Of course, we show up the first night WITHOUT a guy, thinking that the alley will make an exception for our all FEMALE team. . .not a chance.

Luckily, Jeremy (pictured below) volunteered to be on our team. He works at the bowling alley----and actually works on Tuesday (the night we bowl)---so when the league begins, he just takes off his "Pineville Bowling Center" work shirt & bowls in his dingy undershirt----

We definately need to get team shirts so he doesn't have to look like he's wearing his underwear every week.

All in all, the girls (including myself) are not that great of bowlers----but thanks to Jeremy, we came in 2nd last week. How's that, you ask? He has a 199 AVERAGE!! YEAH for us! We might actually win a week or two----

Jeremy hasn't really talked to us much---but he took a break from texting or surfing the net on his blackberry or whatever he was doing. . .and approached me.

Jeremy to me: "How do you make your ball go like THAT?"

Me: "Like WHAT?"

Jeremy: "How it curves THAT way?"

Me: "I guess. . .I guess I just turn my wrist like this (demonstrating). . .why do you ask?"

Jeremy: "It looks REALLY WEIRD."
. . . . . . .
And of course that conversation had to happen before I had to bowl 2 more games. I'm now trying to recover from the complex he gave to me.
He has 32 weeks to say something nice to me . . .and to teach me how to bowl as many strikes in a row as he does.

3 comments:

banananutmeg said...

I think you should get pink for the girls shirt, and 1 blue shirt for Jeremy.
Doesn't Matt like to bowl?

Sarah said...

Wow, Jeremy must not have much experience with the ladies! Maybe he'll warm up to you.

Bekki said...

You guys definately need to teach the boy some manners.
Bring him an Aquacrete tshirt to wear.