Sunday, February 1, 2009

Talented.


On Saturday, I went with Randy's parents and some of their friends to the temple in Oklahoma City. They had an extra seat. . .and Randy said he would and could stay home with the kids. . .all day. . .all 16 hours of it.

Randy does MANY fun & exciting things with the kids. He is a HANDS-ON dad . . .but as for staying home ALL DAY LONG with the 3 kiddos----I can say he hasn't experienced that before, which sometimes is NOT very fun or exciting. Late Friday night, Ila threw up---so I knew unless he was going to be driving her to the hospital, he would be staying home. He's just NOT a stay-home-kind-of-guy.
He was willing & eager for the challenge and the results are in. . .

I arrived home @ 10:15 p.m. The kids were asleep, clean, and in one piece.

The dishes? DONE.

The floor? VACUUMED.

The kids' billions of toys? PUT AWAY.

As for Randy? He was pooped, but surprisingly, still happy. He had fun with the kids, listing off all the possibilities for the children's train tracks, the many games of memory match. . .and on and on and on.

Sadly, I wasn't sure it could be done SO well--but he's just been holding out for TOO LONG!!

4 comments:

banananutmeg said...

Wish I could have gone with you...and I wish even more that I could have come home to a clean house and sleeping kids! way to go randy.

Sarah said...

Wow, tell Randy I knew he could do it, but still...I'm WAY impressed! Clean house and sleeping kids?! That's almost too good to be true!

Crystal said...

I'm so glad you got a day away and to be able to go to the temple. I hope Ila is feeling better.

Cassandra said...

WOW, very impressive! Expecially about the Randy being "happy" part! Blessing DO come to those who serve!!!