Sunday, May 18, 2008

The good life.


The fam went up to visit Sarah after her graduation and then onto visit my Nana Kathy & Papa John in Wisconsin. We had an awesome time!


On another note, since Ila has been born, people (strangers) say (pretty much whatever they want) about me & the kids----so I compiled this list, not to be offended, just a simple observation---it's pretty funny what people say. . .seems like no matter what the comment, I just add "they're good kids." (when sometimes what I really want to say is "MYOB.") Please note the parethesis are added by me.


1) "You finally got a girl!" (finally to me seems like 10 kids later & then I had a girl!)

2) "You're lucky, I had 3 boys in a row"

3) "All boys?" (dressing Ila in all pink never gives it away)

4) "Suppose you're going to homeschool, too?"

5) "Are all of those kids yours?" (I hear this almost every time I leave the house)

6) "You look tired." (to which I want to reply, well you're ugly---but I refrain)

7) "When's the next one due?"

8) "Well, you're not pregnant now are you?"

9) "You should probably wait a couple of years before your next one." (did I ask you?)

10) "So are you gonna have more?" (didn't your mother tell you never to talk to strangers?)

11) "You don't look old enough to have kids." (the only time my answer changes--thankyou!)


I realize that I am young & 3 kids is a stretch---but they're my family & I love it that way. Strangers also give great compiments, too!!
As for the 4th of July--count us in! We may not be able to come up until the 4th, but whatever the case, will need to leave to come home on Sunday. Sounds fun!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tanya How funny! I love your comments by the way. I am getting that when I tell people Roxanne is in Thailand. For instance, oh that sounds so dangerous. Oh that's a good thing and a scary thing, 7 weeks! People, gotta love them! I think you are doing a great job as a mom (happy belated mother's day) and you have a darling family! Looking forward to hanging out over the 4th. Let the games begin... I have missed you on the blog, by the way. Be sure and check out Rox's pics I put the website on the blog... I am waiting for an update.

Anonymous said...

Well, you probably handle all the strange comments people give you way better than I would. All these strangers have no right to judge your family...they can't tell just by passing you in the store how great you and your kids are!!

Anyway, hope you had a great time in Wisconsin!!

Anonymous said...

Your comments were so funny! Everyone is just jealous!!!! Actually, I do have to say that you really don't look like you've had 3 kids, and I mean that with all due respect as a compliment! We love your family and think you & Randy are doing a fab job. AND, we certainly hope to see you over the 4th.